This one is going to be relatively short, as I don't have a ton of time.
The rest of the detox week went really well. I woke up with energy for the first time in my life. I was doing yoga every day for 45 minutes, and my refrigerator overflowed with vegetables I would have never purchased ever in my life.
On day 7, I developed a cold. At first I thought it might have been part of the detox, but now I'm realizing it's just a full-on virus. Blerg. I have to say I was tempted to start eating the comfort foods that I would have eaten when I was sick...crackers (gluten-free), juice, hard candies, etc. I was also very tempted to take all the cold and flu medication I had in my cabinet, but I resisted. I knew I would have been flying from the chemicals, and my symptoms weren't bad enough to undo all the hard work I'd done so far.
And then this morning, we got a call that a close family member is in the hospital many states away.
So hopefully you'll hear some more from me over the next few days, but if not you know that it's because of a family emergency.
One thing I did learn from this? You don't have to give up your lifestyle habits just because things get in the way of your plan. I'm still staying away from sugar and I'm still sticking to the detox box regardless of what is going on. And if I have to pack all my hippie powders and vitamins and take them wherever we travel, so be it!
More to come. Until then, love, luck and sugar-free lollipops to all.
Friday, February 05, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Genial brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.
Post a Comment