I promised you cyberspace readers fun, and I've failed.
I have not posted in almost one week.
I have no excuse. I've been lazy, tired, bored, anxious, antsy, etc etc.
And nothing exciting has happened to me in a week. Well one thing - i have a GMAIL account. Booya. And its not for sale. Like my aol address, I'll probably have it forever. (and you have to email me to get it - i'm going to try and make it a spam-free account.)
SO - since i'm completely unoriginal, i'm going to copy Alex and Teresa AGAIN and answer this dandy little questionaire that was emailed out earlier today
I'm sure that there have been plenty of "get to know me" -style questionnaires in the history of mankind, but the earliest famous one that I know of is the "Proust Questionnaire", of which there are two versions. Neither of them were written by Proust, but rather were made well-known because his answers somehow were saved and later published.The first one he answered at a party at age 13...It is depressing to think what the average 13-year-old now would come up with if faced with this "party game".
What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? living to the age of 80 with overwhelming regret
Where would you like to live? Hawaii
What is your idea of earthly happiness? To not want for anything, primarily emotionally.
To what faults do you feel most indulgent? Insecurity.
Who are your favorite heroes of fiction? Mickey Mouse, Harry Potter, Mary Poppins
Who are your favorite characters in history? Walt Disney, the one and only
Who are your favorite heroines in real life? I don't think I have one.
Who are your favorite heroines of fiction? I am really having trouble with this one. I can't think of one right now for some reason.
Your favorite painter? Monet, Picasso
Your favorite musician? i'm not really sure on this one. i'm going to cave and say mozart
The quality you most admire in a man? his dong....
The quality you most admire in a woman? Easy-goingness
Your favorite virtue? Honesty
Your favorite occupation? Ice cream seller.
Who would you have liked to be? Oprah
The second set of questions was put before him at another social function, this time when he was about 20 years old:
Your most marked characteristic? my ass
The quality you most like in a man? knowing when to just leave me the hell alone
The quality you most like in a woman? chastity ;)
What do you most value in your friends? Always being there for me
What is your principle defect? My detatchment from reality at times
What is your favorite occupation? again, selling ice cream
What is your dream of happiness? sitting on a beach, with a girly drink with an umbrella, and not having to do a thing
What to your mind would be the greatest of misfortunes? Same as above - living with regret.
What would you like to be? Young forever
In what country would you like to live? Spain
What is your favorite color? red for clothing, green or blue for anything else
What is your favorite flower? red rose
What is your favorite bird? peacock
Who are your favorite prose writers? Toni Morrison, Salman Rushdie, Judy Blume
Who are your favorite poets? Elizabeth Barrett Browning, Shakespeare,
Who are your favorite composers? Mahler, Shostakovich, Dvorak
Who are your favorite painters? see above
What are your favorite names? really long romantic/renaissance/elizabethan ones. Guenevere, Elizabeth, Genevive, Isabel, Ophelia -- for boys, i like strapping names like Thomas or Nicholas or Nathaniel or Gabriel or Damien
What is it you most dislike? Stupidity
What historical figures do you most despise? George W. Bush
What event in military history do you most admire? this question is ridiculous and i'm not answering it.
What reform do you most admire? another ridiculous question that i don't think i can answer.
What natural gift would you most like to possess? mind reading
How would you like to die? however it happens, i'd like it to be instantaneous
What is your present state of mind? a little perturbed at two of these questions, and a little disturbed that i couldn't answer some of the others better.
What is your motto? Oh bla de, oh bla da, life goes on WHOA la la la la life goes on.
Tuesday, September 07, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I was WONDERING when you were gonna post! I was so sick of seeing that SAME post ALL week! :) I should post this questionnaire on my blog, too. I'll post it after the Adam thing has worn off a bit...
Post a Comment