Sitting at home with my mom sunday night, we were watching Alton Brown's show on Food Network "Good Eats." Topic of the evening was: baking the perfect cookie.
"THATS what they should have taught you in high school," my mother blurts out.
Its true - Alton smoothly explained his way through the science of baking cookies, why mixing liquids and powdered materials separately lead to a better baked cookie, why a different mixer can mean the difference between crap and elegance, I could go on and on.
And I started thinking - what else do I wish I would have been taught in high school or college that I know now, after spending 2 1/2 years in the real world?
1- People (at least in NY) are almost always out to squash you.
2- Everything you read is almost always wrong.
3- Nothing is fair whatsoever
4- Adulthood really and truly sucks. No seriously. I don't think this was fully explained to me.
What about you guys - question of the day ers - what do you wish you would have learned in school and NOT in the real world?
Monday, September 13, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What I wish they would tell you in school is how to be a financially responsible adult. No one really goes into that in school, and then you get out of college and wonder why you're in so much debt....
My next blog entry will be about that.
Post a Comment