Wow...day 1 done and it flew by! Amazing how easy this whole program is...well, relatively easy. There are a few things I'm having a really hard time with, namely getting down the psyllium fiber and the buffered ascorbic acid. They taste awful and have triggered the gag reflex more than once. I've decided to change up my method a bit...instead of 8 oz of water with 2 teaspoons at a time, I'm going to go for 4 oz of water and one teaspoon. The fiber in particular turns super nasty and gelatinous within a matter of minutes, so 3 minutes after it's mixed it looks like brown floating snot. Exactly - gross.
One thing I'm worried about is the lack of trips to the loo. Sure there's a lot of liquid going through me, but there isn't much of anything else if you know what i mean. This makes me nervous for the rest of the weekend!
I've also revised the length of time I'll be on this detox. I'm going to shoot for 3 weeks, since this detox has the option to go this long. But if I get really fed up and desperate for an orange slice I'm going to make it two weeks. I'm not giving up early but the limited foods on this diet are starting to get a little unnerving.
More coming soon!
Friday, January 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment