Monday, August 30, 2004

Ethnisticity

So - my last day at my job.

Some of y'all that got my last email might be seeing this, most of you probably aren't.

I will be uploading more often though - updating everyone about my progress with all the projects i'm dreaming of accomplishing. So as my first message says....stay tuned.

The title of today's post comes from Alicia Keyes' "moving" tribute to Ray Charles. I can't believe a writer wrote this word in her prompter - she had to have made this one up on her own. Maybe she felt more street - but Alex and I couldn't stop laughing.

I wonder what other words would have been butchered by rap/hip hop/pop stars:

Raciality
Discriminiationism
Rhetoricality

Watching the VMA's - i have suddenly felt my age in relation to MTV's general audience. I now realize i'm not part of the "MTV" generation anymore. I mean, I'll always be a part of what it meant when i was younger - but i've officially outgrown most of their programming. Except for Newlyweds (which is almost over, no?) I have no reason to watch. Totally only recognized one video in the viewer's choice category.

I can acknowledge however that the best thing Christina Aguilera ever did for her career was to clean the hell up.

The protest today was pretty amazing. My favorite RNC poster today: "I peed on the Bush's"

Story of the day: chocolate is good for you! I'd like to say "A-Duh"

Question of the day: Lindsay Lohan or Hilary Duff?

2 comments:

Alex said...

I'd like to go to sleep next to the Lohan. But wake up next to the Duff... and make her pancakes... and fire her agent.

Teresa said...

Lohan for acting - Duff for personality. And why does Lohan get to date Wilmer Valderama??!!! Don't worry, my boo will recognize the error of his ways and he'll find me. Yes, he will.


And by the way - I heard the Alicia Keys tribute to Ray Charles this morning on the radio. I, too, laughed at "ethnisticity" (or whatever the fuck she said). :)